Location: New Iberia, LA
The Charles Boldt Paper Mill was built in 1920 and started manufacturing cardboard from rice straw in 1921. The mill employed around 100 people and closed in 1934 due to the Great Depression. Since then, the main building has been purchased and operates as a nursery. The rest of the mill has remained vacant since closing in 1934.